This field-based, territory management position will have you visiting customer sites, attending trade shows, and staying current in the industry through networking, meetings, and reading relevant media publications. You will effectively manage the consultative sales process and leverage Company’s industry-leading technical support to help Customers find the best solutions for their operations. You will identify and generate leads for future business opportunities and be responsible for timely and accurate reporting to sales and marketing. A job well done means you have utilized excellent listening and communication to increase Customer satisfaction and exceed expectations across multiple decision levels. This position is field-based, and candidates ideally would be based in Northern California, primarily the Bay Area.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Chemistry or Biological Science coursework preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Life Sciences sales or industry work experience
- Validation, quality, technical services, or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience working in or selling technical products/services and consultative sales experience preferred
- General knowledge of the following industries is a plus: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Biotechnology Manufacturing, and Medical Devices.
- Aptitude for science-based technical information
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, analytical, and formal presentation skills, with the ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization and Customers
- Demonstrates persistence and strong, consistent follow-through to meet Customer needs
- Practices active listening skills, adapts to change, sets priorities, and balances sales and administrative duties
- Excellent computer skills, including strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excels at negotiation with both internal and external groups
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as required, including overnight travel (+40%)
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record required
- Realistic first year compensation target: USD 150k